Saturday, November 16, 2013

"Happy Birthday" to my Beautiful Sis, Brenda

On this day long ago, a beautiful baby was born in San Jose, California.  The baby was wrapped in a pink blanket as my mother placed her into my 12 year old arms that were shaking from excitement.  Finally,  I had a sister.  I loved her so much and still do. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful sis.  She lives 50 miles from me but distance does not does not keep us apart.

There was a time long ago when she was only 4 years old that I shall never forget.  It was during my teen life in Corcoran.  My days were filled with homework and chores around the house.  My sister was just a toddler but she knew where to get special attention so she followed me around the house.  One day in particular, I was emotional and upset because I had broken up with my boyfriend and was just moping around in my room, she opened the door and said, "Goya, you want my cookie?"  I looked at her as she held a broken cookie that was half eaten in her hand.  She was so pretty.

 My baby sis wanted to comfort me.  I pulled her towards me and as she hopped on my bed she said, "Goya, can I just eat it then?"  I wiped my tears and nodded yes to her.  She gobbled that cookie up faster than a speeding bullet.  I smiled.  She put that smile on face. 

I loved my baby sis back then and now.  On this, her special day, I pray God will comfort her and give her blessings all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment